Friday, July 9, 2010

Birthday Cake and an Outfit

It was my sister's birthday on Tuesday, so I made her a birthday cake before heading out for dinner.

This is what I wore. I went pretty casual with this outfit and apparently I decided to wear a lot of grey...

The scarf is vintage. My top is from American Eagle (below is a detail shot). The teeny tiny denim skirt is BCBG and the shoes are from Conway in NYC. You can't really see my sun glasses but they're cateye glasses from Forever 21.

If you've ever read my blog, you'll recognize this scarf. I wear it pretty often because, though it's printed, it has the feel of a neutral. It seems to look good with everything. I tied it in a funny little bow.


The scarf has gold threads running through it (another reason I love this scarf), which went along nicely with the beading on my top.

Here's the cake I made. It's chocolate cake with almond icing. We're not an icing family so the icing isn't extremely sweet and it's really easy to make. I just whipped (literally) up some Dream Whip whipped cream and added Solo brand almond filing to taste.



YUM!

In case you were wondering, the flowers are fake, fake, fake. I made the arrangement. It's a pretty one, so I'm glad you guys could see it!

Have a great weekend!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate your comments, read them and try to comment back! If you haven't, please follow me (on my page, Twitter, Bloglovin, or IFB)!