Thursday, January 20, 2011

Some News

A few updates for y'all:

I've been working on a new header. This is what I've made so far:


I think it's a little too much of me. I know that you have to be somewhat of a narcissist to even take a picture of yourself and blog about it, but I'd be embarrassed if my header screamed, "NARCISSIST!" It's a work in progress.

Additionally, a few months ago I interviewed and got a position at one of my favorite, favorite publications (EVER) and two days ago I started work at this truly fantastic fashion magazine. I was going to mention it earlier, but I wanted to be sure of the rules on this sort of thing. I signed a confidentiality agreement today actually saying what I can say, ie. the magazine's name and vague things like that, as long as all of the contents (cover stars, interviews, spreads) are top secret, which they definitely will be.

Out of sheer professionalism, I won't disclose a name or any specifics aforementioned or otherwise about the magazine. However, I wanted to let you all know that I am working in fashion(!) Thankfully, working at this magazine in my two days experience has been an absolute delight so far, but OH BOY my feet hurt! (Acceptable details to disclose, I think.)



Should you have any questions about how to get an internship  or questions about interviews, though I have limited experience, I would be happy to answer you via the comments or in an email. I know I was a little lost at the beginning of my search, too. I'll also say that The Teen Vogue Handbook (I had mine signed by Amy Astley) is an invaluable resource, as is the website ed2010.com.



That's all, folks! Gee, I know that I'm going to be so exhausted this semester! I can't wait!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate your comments, read them and try to comment back! If you haven't, please follow me (on my page, Twitter, Bloglovin, or IFB)!