Monday, October 25, 2010

Purple Pants

"Are those pants purple?" This is what one of my friends said recently about these pants. Later followed by, "you're a cowgirl in purple pants!" I am.


Sometimes I forget that being into fashion does make you different from most people. Honestly, I only think about this when someone brings it up. But even at a university in New York City, purple pants are not the norm.


But I rationalize my purple pants because being into fashion is not the norm. Neither is getting dressed up for class. So me? I guess I'm not normal. I wasn't normal in high school and I'm still different. Normal is no fun anyway.


I don't mind upping the fashion ante. No one should. We fashion girls are a special kind of crazy. I wear my purple pants and anything else I put on, that someone might comment on, with pride. That's me. I don't know any other way to be!

 Demin shirt from Miley Cyrus/Max Azria for Walmart, cords from Urban Outfitters, shoes from Kenneth Cole Reaction.

Since I'll never be a jeans and t-shirt sort of girl,  I can't resist being a jean shirt and purple cords sort of girl. It seems to be working for me alright.

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate your comments, read them and try to comment back! If you haven't, please follow me (on my page, Twitter, Bloglovin, or IFB)!